You have developed your awesome concept and now you want remote monitoring and control of your hardware, this board will give you the ability to send SMS's, make calls and connect to the cloud. This is the GSM controller card and you will require an Arduino as well.
Instructables Tutorial: https://www.instructables.com/id/Thingspeak-Upload-Data-Using-Gsm-Module-sim900/
- The GPRS Shield is based on SIM900 module from SIMCOM
- AT commands (GSM 07.07 ,07.05 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands).
- 12 X GPIO's (2V8 Logic)
- 2 X PWM's (2V8 Logic)
- 1 X ADC (2V8)
- Size: 76mm*55mm
- Weight: 39g
- Quad-Band 850 / 900/ 1800 / 1900 MHz - would work on GSM networks in most countries across the world.
- GPRS multi-slot class 10/8
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+
- Class 4 (2 W @ 850 / 900 MHz)
- Class 1 (1 W @ 1800 / 1900MHz)
- Embedded TCP/UDP stack - allows you to upload data to a web server.
- RTC supported (requires coin cell battery).
- Speaker and Headphone jacks
- Low power consumption - 1.5mA(sleep mode)
- Industrial Temperature Range - -40°C to +85 °C